Follow the link below to download Lorene’s handout for this lecture.
Lorene’s top 10 EDIBLES for the ornamental landscape:
- ‘Sunshine Blue’ blueberries
- ‘Bull’s blood’ beet
- Rainbow chard and Kale (yes, I said kale!!)
- Pole beans – I particularly love the 3 bean mix packaged by Renee’s Garden Seed, a mix of green, purple and yellow beans as well as various horticultural beans with ivory pods vividly striped with red markings
- Alpine strawberries
- Columnar or espaliered fruit trees
- Raspberries – yes they’re a bramble but I just can’t get over that luscious ruby fruit!
- Mixed red and green leaf lettuces, including ‘Merlot’ a garnet colored butter lettuce
- Most herbs but particularly bay, rosemary dill and the many colorful culinary sages